Your special day is approaching and maybe you didn’t think you needed (or could afford) a wedding coordinator. Well, it is very beneficial to squeeze it into your budget. You are the Bride and you should Enjoy Your Day. Most brides stress over the details and worry that they will forget something important. After dedicating so much time to every detail and planning every aspect of your wedding (not to mention trying to stay in budget), don’t try juggling everything on your wedding day. Hire a “Day of” or “Month of” wedding coordinator.
The primary duty of the Coordinator is to be a liaison between the bride, groom, and the many vendors providing services for the wedding. At the same time, the “Day of” Coordinator is a personal assistant. We are there to tend to both the details and your needs. Our expertise and helpfulness as a Coordinator will surely enhance your experience.
Tish McQuiston, Owner of Enjoy Your Day and Co-owner of JM Productions, has 9 years of experience coordinating and 12 years in the wedding industry. She is also Co-owner of Affordable Linens & Décor. This gives a wide variety of expertise in various wedding services, from DJ and room lighting to table linens and decorations. With her number of years in the wedding industry, she has made many valuable contacts with other wedding professionals.
Enjoy Your Day is a small and intimate company so we only book one event per day; this gives you our undivided attention. We are ready to listen and guide you. You have complete control. We are here to keep you as stress-free as possible on the day of. This includes managing any last-minute emergencies that come up on your wedding day from unexpected family drama that needs to be handled, corralling your family for photos after the ceremony or making sure your guests know where to go after the cocktail hour.
Whether they did or not; most brides will recommend hiring a wedding coordinator to help execute the day and allow you and your family to Enjoy Your Day without worry.
We have very reasonable customizable packages. Prices are based on what your needs are. This is because some brides have small events, others large. Some need just guidance, while others need services such as setting up and maintaining the candy / sweets buffet, bar tending, someone to cut and plate the cake, clearing the tables of trash, etc. No one event is the same.
Below is an example of duties offered by Enjoy Your Day coordinating. Pick and choose if you need reception help only or all services offered. Additional services are available by request.
Possible Wedding Coordinating Duties
- Discuss ideas and how to accomplish
Rehearsal (approx 1 ½ hrs)
- Assist minister or facility coordinator; or solely direct and coordinate wedding
Ceremony (approx 3 hrs=2 hrs prior, ½ ceremony, ½ after) duties to include:
- Make sure set-up/décor for ceremony is according to bride’s specifications
- Assist bride as needed
- Provide an “Emergency” bag; we are ready for any situation
- Assist with pinning flowers on wedding party and family and distribute bouquets
- Make sure guest book, programs, etc. are placed out for guests
- Hold marriage license/ketubah, ring box, and miscellaneous items for wedding couple and bridal party
- Send special family and wedding party down the aisle and prep bride for her walk by fixing train, etc.
- Assist entire wedding party and family to “hide” prior to photos after ceremony
- Gather all items (flowers, pew bows, and other decorations used in the ceremony), assist in packing items for assigned person who will be delivering to desired location.
- Bustle bride’s gown after photos
Reception (approx 4 hrs) to include:
- Make sure set-up/décor for reception is according to bride’s specifications
- Verify that all favors, centerpieces, and place cards receive proper placement and that all candles are lit, etc.
- Serve as the point person for every vendor.
- Greet guests; assist with guest management, providing direction to guest regarding reserved, assigned and open seating.
- Gather wedding party for introductions into reception
- Direct Bride and Groom with all special events throughout the evening
- Release tables for dinner
- Prepare champagne glasses for Bride and Groom, wedding party and immediate family
- Assist DJ to coordinate all special events throughout the evening
- Monitor evening to assist Bride and Groom, wedding party, family and guests, as needed
- Adhere to the schedule as time permits and alert couple of upcoming events so that the couple may relax and enjoy the wedding
- Organize guests for couple’s departure and pass out tossing items
- Collect all personal items (champagne glasses, cake knife, guest book, photos cake, etc.) to go to couple and/or family.
- Set up candy buffet, open at designated time and keep jars filled and area clean
- Set up bar area
- Provide TABC certified person to serve at bar (requires additional person)
- Cut and plate cake
- Clear tables of trash (plates, cups, etc.)
We are happy to discuss any other tasks requested.